“As children of God we love one another.”
St Dominic’s Catholic Primary School is a voluntary aided Catholic Primary School for boys and girls aged 4 to 11 years. The school serves the parishes of The Immaculate Conception and St Dominic’s, Stone, Our Lady’s Swynnerton, Sacred Heart, Eccleshall, and Holy Michael’s Aston-by-Stone. The school has capacity for 210 children on roll.
The school is located in the bustling town of Stone, close to shops and many other amenities and first opened in 1886, though the present building school was built in 1987 and has been extended and improved in recent years to provide a well ordered and pleasant environment. All children are taught in single age year groups by their own class teacher for the majority of the timetable. The teaching staff are well supported by teaching assistants in all classes.
Effective learning takes placed in a disciplined and caring environment. For this reason our emphasis is always on good behaviour, positive attitudes and achievement for all. Our set of “Golden Rules“, which the children are expected to abide by, are consistent and reinforced in every year group.