Spring Vehicle Outcome
English work based on Stig of the Dump
Every History lesson, we start with a History mystery! The children look for clues on the picture to think about what it is, what is it made of and when it is from.
Have a go for yourself to see if you can solve some of our History Mysteries. The answers are below the pictures.
- This object was found in a place called Star Carr in Yorkshire 9,000 years ago. Star Carr is a Mesolithic archaeological site and this is a deer antler headdress.
- This is a Mesolithic (Middle Stone Age) wordworking tool called an adze from before 500BC. It is made from bone.
- Palaeolithic cave art. The earliest known cave painting of an animal, believed to be at least 45,500 years old. This was discovered in 1940 when some teenagers followed a dog into the cave.
- This is a wooden plough from the Neolithic period. It was used for farming.
- These are stone gaming dice, discovered at Skara Brae.
- Stonehenge was built over 5000 years ago.
- A bronze age chisel (a long-bladed hand tool with a cutting edge).
- This is part of a skeleton found at Maiden Castle.